Our Original Soft-Structured Baby Carrier
- Designed to go and grow with you, the Boba 4G Carrier is ideal for kiddos ranging from 7 pounds to 45 pounds.
- Waist belt capacity: 25"–58"
- Infant insert, footstraps and hood included
- Pocket on waist belt
- 100% cotton for the Classic Collection
Weight range: 7–45 pounds
Fits adults 5'0"–6'3"
Duraflex buckles and YKK zippers
Shoulder strap length: 20"–40"
Waist belt capacity: 25"–58"
100% cotton for the Classic Collection
Height of carrier body: 15.7"
Height of waist belt: 5.1"
Width of the carrier seat: 13.5"
Carrier weight: 2 pounds
Safety First, Kids
At Boba, safety’s just our style. Every element of every carrier (down to the very last thread, buckle and lead-free dye) is checked and double-checked to ensure you can enjoy freedom together without worry. Plus, we put lots of time and thought into our carrier use guidelines and gladly comply with all U.S. and European standards for child and babywearing safety. Read our complete safety stats.
Compliant with CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act)
Rigorous third-party (SGS) testing of all carrier components
At Boba, less is more, which is why all of our products are designed to be super simple and easy to use. Check out these instructions and explore more tips and videos here.
- Is the carrier material completely covering your kiddo’s back? If the answer is no, loosen the shoulder straps a bit and do a little bounce. That should slide your baby’s bottom further down into the seat of the carrier
- Adjustability rules with the Boba Carrier. For perfect babywearing posture, adjust the shoulder straps so that your little one is close to your body and you can stand up normally without leaning forward to compensate for baby’s weight.
- When nursing in the Boba Carrier, loosen the shoulder straps to allow your little one to drop lower in the carrier and latch on with ease (and discreetness).
- We don’t mess around when it comes to our materials. That’s why the Boba Carrier waist belt buckle is military-grade. To ensure the safest baby-and-me journeys, make sure you hear the buckle click when you put on the carrier.
- To keep your purse or diaper bag securely in place (you’re welcome, moms), just unsnap the shoulder strap holder, place your purse or diaper bag comfortably on your shoulder, and then re-snap to secure.
- Have a lot on your shoulders? No problem. The Boba Carrier features shoulder straps on both sides, so you can lock and load bag straps on both sides. Not to mention the design is easy and convenient for both right- and left-handed users.
- As a parent, you’ve got a lot to lug around. Phone, credit cards, binkies…not to mention your baby. That’s why the Boba Carrier features a large zipper pocket on the waist belt so you can carry all the little odds and ends right along with your little one.
- Need quick access to stuff? Underneath the waist belt zipper pocket is another pocket for grab-and-go convenience of smaller items.
- If two pockets aren’t enough, the Boba Carrier features a third pocket along the top of the carrier. Score. Just remove the sleeping hood and load ‘er up. The pocket even has a zipper to keep your things secure.
- Babies need a lot of sleep, so we built a perfect solution for when they drift off to dreamland in the Boba Carrier. Just pull the removable sleeping hood from the carrier pocket, grab one hood strap, extend it straight up toward the top of your head and secure with a snap. Awesome caution: this may result in longer, more restful naps.
- You can also use the sleeping hood to protect your child from wild weather—everything from sun protection to rain deflection.
- The sleeping hood is easily stowed in its own built-in pocket, so you can keep it zipped up and out of your way anywhere you go. You can also unsnap the hood altogether and use the pocket for other storage (see pocket points above).
Washing and Care
- The Boba Carrier may be machine washable, but that doesn’t mean it’s indestructible. Only washing when necessary will dramatically increase the life of your carrier.
- For little stains, just spot clean with soap and warm water and air dry.
- When you need the big-time clean of the washing machine, use a mild detergent and the delicate cycle. Air dry instead of machine dry to be nice to your carrier (and the planet).
- Say bye-bye to bleach. It’ll ruin the fabric, which would be a massive bummer for you and baby.