Unlike any you’ve ever used. A combination of organic extra virgin
coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils,
creates a unique soap that cleans effectively without being aggressive
and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin silky-smooth and
Soaps have been made for millennia. Aside from making fire and
cooking food, "saponifying" oil and fat into soap is one of the oldest
and simplest chemical reactions known to humankind. In fact, the first
soaps were accidentally made by fat dripping into the ashes of cooking
- Completely Biodegradable and Vegetable-Based
- Made with Certified Fair Trade and Organic Oils
- Multi-Purpose: 18-in-1 Uses
- No Synthetic Foaming Agents, Thickeners or Preservatives
- 100% Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Cylinder Bottles and Paper Labels
- Simple, Ecological Formulations Based on Old-World Quality and Expertise
- #1-Selling Natural Brand of Soaps in North America
|INGREDIENTS: Water, Saponified Organic Coconut*,
Organic Palm* and Organic Olive* Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic
Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils**, Citric Acid, Vitamin E
* FAIR TRADE Ingredients
** Available in Peppermint, Lavender, Almond, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Rose and Citrus Orange
|All soaps are not only certified by Oregon Tilth to the same
rigorous USDA National Organic Program standards that certify organic
foods, but also are certified Fair Trade by the respected Swiss
Dr. Bronner's Soap is made by
saponifying a fat or oil with an alkali. A fat or oil is a
"triglyceride," which means that three fatty acids of various carbon
lengths are attached to a glycerine backbone. The alkali is either
sodium (for bars) or potassium (for liquids) hydroxide, made by running
electricity through salt water.
process is a simple one-step reaction with no waste generated: the
glycerine is split off from the fatty acids, and the fatty acids combine
with the sodium or potassium to form soap, while the hydroxide forms
water. The result is soap, glycerin and water (no alkali remains in our
consists in great part of choosing the right proportions of the right
oils with their different fatty acids. Most commercial soap
manufacturers skimp on quality because of cost and use lots of tallow
from beef fat with a little bit of coconut or palm kernel oil.
Dr. Bronner's unsurpassed
soaps are made with certified organic olive, hemp and palm oils instead
of tallow, and contain three times more organic coconut oil than
commercial soaps. Saponified coconut oil generates high-lather cleansing
even in hard water because it has shorter-chain saturated fatty acids.
Hemp, olive and palm oil-based soaps make a mild, smooth, creamy lather
because these oils contain longer-chain unsaturated and poly-unsaturated
most commercial soap-makers who distill the glycerin out of their soaps
to sell separately, Dr. Bronner's retains it in their soaps for its
superb moisturizing qualities.
- We superfat our soaps with organic hemp and jojoba oils for a milder, smoother lather.
- We use natural plant-derived vitamin E and citric acid to protect freshness.
- We do not add any chelating agents, dyes, whiteners or synthetic fragrances.
- We use pure and powerful high-quality certified organic essential oils.
liquid soaps are 3 times more concentrated than most so-called "liquid
soaps" on the market, and are only a few percent away from being a
solid, which ecologically saves on packaging materials.
- Our new plastic cylinder bottles are made from 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic.
- Our soaps are a superb value, costing less than less-concentrated, inferior detergent body-wash "liquid soaps."
soaps are most popular for at-home washing, but they also are the soap
of choice for many campers and hikers, as they are so biodegradable and